Mensagens populares

sábado, 10 de março de 2018

YOUTUBE - Clavia Nord Modular G2 Engine + Liine Lemur?

And now it is time for a quick video, showing how well the Clavia Nord Modular G2 can team up with Liine's Lemur app!


As I mentioned in my last "GONEBUTNOTFORGOTTEN" post, the one regarding the Akai MIDIMix, I have started using Liine's Lemur app to control my Clavia Nord Modular G2 for a while.

In fact, in the last two performances I gave at electro-music.com/radio/, this was my main controller and it allowed me to do many things I just couldn't with the Akai MIDIMix, namely using XY pads to control two parameters simultaneously (which worked great to control the attack and decay of my DUSGs at once, for instance).


This time, I decided to do something I haven't done before, and come up with a path for the Clavia Nord Modular G2 that tries to kinda emulate the Korg Kaossilator, that is, with some help from Liine's Lemur! ;)

With some work, I ended up getting this patch assembled:


This patch, which I named "Kaossilon_1", is a pretty simple patch when it comes to sound generation, relying essentially in two FM oscillators, with some further processing being done by a wave wrapper module.

What makes this patch special for this task are the modules in the left section, which allow you to apply quantisation and portamento to the notes you are playing (and now that I think about it... I probably should have just used the note output of the Keyboard module rather than adding a MIDI module and use a CC for that... But this how I did it...).

This section is what makes this patch have a similar feeling to the Korg Kaossilator, as that really enhances the performance possibilities this patch offers!


After having this patch done, with all the controllers assigned to different CC numbers, all I had to do was to come up with a Lemur patch to control the Clavia Nord Modular G2 Engine!

And this is what I came up with!



This first page I just showed features the touch pads that give it a similar feel to a Korg Kaossilator, in fact, it even features 3 touch pads, despite only one is used to trigger the synth sound!
But that is not all, and since there was some more space available, it also features a couple of knobs that allow you to tweak your patch further than what you could do in the Korg Kaossilator!

Unfortunately, it wasn't possible to fit all the parameters for this patch in that first page, so I ended up adding another page, which features mostly parameters that you will not want to real deal with when performing (that is, except the modulation amounts, which would have definitely been a really nice and useful addition to the "performance" page).



With all this done, it was time to get my cam ready to get a video done, and this is end result! :D




First of all, this isn't really a music statement, but rather an experimentation to test a concept!

As I was telling before, this was the first time I tried to come up with a patch like this, having used Liine Lemur to control drones or effects processors only before.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with it and definitely intend to explore this concept further, especially since I already noticed there are several improvements that can done to these patches...


So, if you enjoyed this video, as I really hope you did, be sure to follow this blog and my Youtube channel as I am intending to come up with more videos showing how powerful the team Clavia Nord Modular / Liine Lemur actually is!





Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário