And here is the link to do so!
If you had the chance to listen it while it was being streamed live, you have probably noticed it was considerably different to previous performances.
This was partly due to an expanded setup that I used this, featuring the Clavia Nord Modular G2X as the center of my setup, plus a Roland TR-909, Sequentix P3 and Fender Chroma Polaris II!
Before, my performances have either been focused on playing the monophonic keyboards together with a looper or on sequences edited on the flight.
This time, I had a nice sequencer and drum machine working together, but tried to make it a set that relied more on what I played than I have done so far!
This wasn't exactly my first idea for this performance, but unfortunately there were some complications before the concert that had an impact on how the performance turned out to be...
As I was starting to prepare the patches for my Clavia Nord Modular G2X, the editor started having serious problems, displaying only Major Error every time I tried to turn it on...
Fortunately, it seems the USB cable was the problem, but the time lost forced me to simplify the patches I programmed in the Clavia Nord Modular G2 a bit...
So, in this setup I my Sequentix P3 as the main sequencer, sending clock to the Roland TR-909 (which does the drum parts) and sequencing the Clavia Nord Modular G2.
In the Clavia Nord Modular G2X, I reserved 2 slots for sounds that would be sequenced by the Sequentix P3, but this time, there were no usage of morph groups and all the edition done on the sounds was done using the interface of the Clavia Nord Modular G2X, rather than using CCs from the Sequentix P3.
The 3rd slot got a polyphonic FM sound that is played in duet with my amazing Fender Chroma Polaris II (which is, for those who are not aware of it, an amazing analog polysynth with some ARP DNA on it!)
And in the 4th slot, I created a mixer that features 2 different effects chains, mixing the different slots of the Clavia Nord Modular G2X together with the sound of the Roland TR-909 and Fender Chroma Polaris II.
If I had more time, I would have probably tried to make the patches a bit more complex (at least the 2 patches that were sequenced), and would have definitely used the morph groups to keep things more interesting, but things didn't turn out that way.
In fact, with all the stress due to that problem, I even made a mistake in one of the effect chains in the mixer (if you noticed it, feel free to put a post about it!).
So, I don't really have that much I can say about these patches, but like always, here is a generic overview on each of them!
The first sequencer patch was called "MazleLab" and is a very simple 1 oscillator synth patch using my panning trick!
The third patch was named "Smlab" and is a simple 2 operator FM synth patch!
The 2 operators are a bit processed before their respective amp and you have 4 different sources for FM for each of them!
And to go where most FM synths just can't, there is even a filter available!
Finally, the mixing patch is named "Mixo5" and handles 8 different channels (4 analog inputs plus 4 bus channels)!
Featured are 2 different effect lines (one featuring only delay modules, while the other features a compressor, reverb plus some other modules that can really enhance the sound thanks to the feedback lines included).
If you want to try these patches yourself, you can do that in the same link I shared the performance:
So go ahead and have a try at this set of patches!
And like always, feel free to leave me your feedback on my performance / set of patches in the comments down below! ;)