Mensagens populares

quinta-feira, 9 de fevereiro de 2017

CONCERT - Regarding my performance today (starting in a bit over 1 hour!)

So, today is time for yet another performance, still with a minimalistic setup!


For Synth-ing Nº2, I will use my trustworthy Clavia Nord Modular G1 as sound source, my Sequentix P3 as sequencer, and my Eventide Space as reverb unit!
The recording will once again be handled by my RME Fireface 800.

Simple setup, big sound! ;)

This time, I decided to go for a very simple setup in which I have a sequencer, the Sequentix P3, that will sequence the 4 parts of the Clavia Nord Modular G1.

In case you are not aware of the Sequentix P3, it is the "father" of the current Sequentix Cirklon, usually considered one of the best sequencers available, if not the best!
The Sequentix P3 might not be as featured as the Sequentix Cirklon (especially in the CV/Gate department, which just doesn't exist on the older model), but it is still an amazing sequencer that I really enjoy playing with!

Despite this, the Sequentix P3 still has 8 tracks available, which are more than enough to sequence the 4 parts available in the Clavia Nord Modular G1.

A truly amazing sequencer, the Sequentix P3!
But rather than letting you select which note you want each part to play in each step of your sequence, the Sequentix P3 allows you to control several different parameters per step!
You can also program the velocity of your note, the length and delay of the step, plus 4 extra parameters that you can choose, and there are plenty of options!
A very interesting choice for those 4 extra parameters would be 4 different CCs that would control the 4 morph groups available in the Clavia Nord Modular G1.

This is why I think the Sequentix P3 is such a great match for the Clavia Nord Modular G1, and I really hope to show that you to you tonight!

An amazing synth plus an amazing reverb pedal!
And to add something more to the amazing sounds produced by the Clavia Nord Modular G1, I chose the Eventide Space as my reverb unit, as it is a very compact unit that really sounds good and is extremely easy to tweak!


And what about the patches I will use?

Well... I have been thinking and it would probably be nicer for me to share it afterwards ;)

But one thing you can count on, they'll use the morph groups a lot ;)



EDIT - It seems I forgot to put the link...

To those who are not familiar, is where you have to go to listen to it, hope you enjoy!

http://electro-music.com/radio/

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário