Mensagens populares

quarta-feira, 26 de abril de 2017

It has been a while...

I am aware I ended up skipping most of last week in terms of posting (and the beginning of this one as well), but sometimes things are not really like we want them to be...



I had to fix some things last week before I came to Algarve (if you don't know much about this amazing region in Portugal you should definitely check it as the most beautiful shoreline in the world might be here!), where I'll stay probably for a couple of months...

Things are a bit set now, after the initial fuzz, so I intend to get back to post and get done with the tasks I have pending and that I promised you I would fix after I got the studio remodelled...


And to get you all more cheered up, while I was fixing things last week, I had the chance to record several demos of my now departed Roland JX-3p (with the PG-200), together with some effects as well (the amazing Roland SRE-555 Chorus Echo and Roland R-880 with the GC-8 remote controller, but only one at a time).
I have to check exactly which videos to upload, as the last ones ended up looking a bit too retro due to poor illumination (the day was fading fast).
But as you'll see regardless of the video quality, it is an amazing sounding machine that I probably shouldn't have sold, but really don't have much space available back in the studio...


Despite I didn't perform last Thursday, I intend for the Synth-ing NºX series to continue as they were, with me performing twice a week.

This might be a bit hard as I am a bit limited in terms of gear available, but will definitely give my best to give you nice performances, and am very glad to have gotten pretty nice feedback on the one from yesterday!


Fortunately things should change in terms of gear very soon, as I am intending to use this trip to focus on learning how to use the Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320 I got last year.

In case you never checked this amazing system, you should really do so because it is full of amazing possibilities!
It is a true sound-designers dream, that offers a truly amazing set of possibilities, much more versatile than even the Clavia Nord Modulars!

This machine, together with my Clavia Nord Modular G1 and Sequentix P3, should give me all I need to make amazing performances, in fact, just the Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320 should do it (especially because my unit is fully expanded in terms of DSP), considering all it has to offer!

The problem is, you need to tame this beast before you can really take the most out of it, and I am not sure how fast I can really integrate it in my setup...

So I intend to use it mainly as an effects processor at first (especially since the Korg KaossPad Quad I used yesterday is on sale, and should have been sold by now if the buyer had kept his word...), but hope to soon start doing performances with it using a Wacom Intuos and do many other complex things with it!

It will take time (and I'll most likely post a LOT about it in my blog), but I think it will be really worth learning how to use my Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320 in the next months ;)


So, if you were thinking about not really checking my blog as I've not been posting much lately, be sure to think twice, cause Synth-ing is here to stay ;)


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário