Mensagens populares

terça-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2017

A new toy, from Teenage Engineering!

First of all, sorry for the late post, but today I was travelling and unfortunately the internet in the bus was absolutely terrible...
So terrible that all the hope I had in posting something during my trip quickly faded...


With some hours of delay, I present you a photo the new toy I acquired today, the Teenage Engineering PO-28, which comes to complement my Teenage Engineering PO-16 (featured in this photo as well)!

Teenage Engineering PO-28 Robot + Teenage Engineering PO-16 Factory!

Despite I have the Teenage Engineering PO-16 for over an year, I have to admit I haven't really used it that much...
My first impressions were pretty good, as it has a very convenient portable format, and is capable of some nice sounds (despite you don't really have that much editing possibilities of the sounds...).
But the truth is I ended up always using some other machines I was more familiar with when I was in the studio to record something new...

I feel this will now change and that using these two machines together will give me a nice setup that allow me to come up with pretty interesting sound experiments!

These would probably not be the first choice for the two units of this series that I would pair together, but I am hopeful they will work very well together, and hope to test this setup in the next days, syncing both units together!


The one thing I can say that made me a bit disappointed is that the display in these machines doesn't have any backlight...

I actually only noticed this today as I was trying to test the Teenage Engineering PO-28 today during my bus trip, but it was unfortunately a bit too dark for me to understand what was happening in the display...

Since these are pretty cheap machines, I totally understand the decision of not including any backlight, but I feel it can arm significantly the portability they offer, which I'd still say is one of their strongest points.


So, if you are interested in these series of portable music gadgets by Teeenage Engineering, stay tuned as I'll hopefully post something more about them pretty soon ;)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário