In this post, I am going to share a simple patch I did for the Clavia Nord Modular G2, named ChoralPSStereo.
This is a simple patch that aims to generate two copies of the original signal that are shifted in pitch symmetrically, with some extra feedback possibilities to make things more interesting!
What makes this different than my other patches is that this one takes full advantage of the available morph groups (not all 8, but 7 of them), so that both channels can be edited at the same time!
First of all, because I came up with this idea while using the amazing pitch-shifter modules from Kyma, only to realise later on that I should be able to make that kind of patch using my Clavia Nord Modular G2...
I ended up doing it a bit differently, but to be honest, I'm still working on the version for Kyma, which I am making a bit more complex and will probably port some of the extra features to the Clavia Nord Modular G2 version later on!
I also feel it has helped me in understanding that, sometimes, it is not the best to let the user control all the different parameters you have available...
Sometimes, it is nice that you limit the range of some parameters and that you try to control several parameters at once.
The thing is, with the Kyma it totally makes sense that you try to control several parameters at once as you can try to create your own algorithms with it, encapsulating a complete structure in a single module!
With the Clavia Nord Modular G2, this is unfortunately not possible, which I'd say is one of the reasons why I didn't really explore the possibilities of morphing with the Clavia Nord Modular G2 that much so far...
But better later than never!
And now I see I really have to start creating more patches that are aimed for a specific task rather than just patches that you can fully control, which is what Kyma ended up teaching me this time! :)