Mensagens populares

quinta-feira, 12 de outubro de 2017

CONCERT - Synth-ing Nº26!

This time, I swapped the Yamaha Reface CS for the Clavia Nord Modular G1 and used a different Kyma sound as an effects processor!


If you enjoyed the previous performance, Synth-ing Nº25, I'm sure you will love to listen / re-listen to this one!

And to do so, you only need to click here!


This time I decided to produce a simple patch on my Clavia Nord Modular G1 that I could easily control using all the knobs available in the interface, in a similar way to what happens with the Yamaha Reface CS that I used in Synth-ing Nº25.

The result of this try was a patch named "SimpleS":


Despite this is a pretty simple patch, it wasn't possible to actually control all the parameters with the knobs available, but most of the relevant parameters are there:


Unfortunately, most of the modulations provided by the LFO can't be tweaked in realtime, as well as most parameters that are controlled by buttons (including the waveforms used for the oscillators and LFO or Sync On/Off).

Fortunately, having the Clavia Nord Modular G1 attached to the computer, makes it possible to edit those extra parameters on the flight, despite not as fast as if they were assigned to a knob or other kind of controller.


Despite this patch won't emulate the Yamaha Reface CS, it still aims to emulate some of the functionalities offered by that synth, including the peculiar EG section.

And overall, I feel it offered a really nice set of features with that really nice Clavia sound and easy control!


To make things more interesting, once again Kyma was used to process the signal.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I won't be able to go much in detail on what I did with Kyma in these performances, as I don't have my Symbolic Sounds Capybara 320 with me, and without it, I am unable to open the Kyma editor...

Still, all the processing used came from it, so if you have a Clavia Nord Modular G1, just test my patch and notice how different it sounds from this performance!
The whole difference is due to Kyma! ;)


This also means that I won't be adding a the patches for Kyma, but will still be adding the Clavia Nord Modular G1 patch in the same link where you can listen to this performance, which means, here!

I hope you enjoy this performance and be sure to check this blog as there are more interesting posts coming out ;)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário