Mensagens populares

sábado, 8 de abril de 2023

MEANWHILE - Third time is the charm, right?

I had two of these before... Will the third one be the keeper?

I think it's too early to say, but there is a chance for sure! :D


The previous times, the main reason I ended up selling it because I just didn't click with the sequencer...
I always felt the sound was nice, but if I wasn't going to use it that much, what was the point keeping it, right?

But now that I have my Pioneer Toraiz SP-16, along with some good external sequencers (like the Sequential P3), I started thinking that maybe it would be worth getting some groove boxes and drum machines I had before... Those which I quite enjoyed except for the sequencer, like the Yamaha RX5 or the Korg Electribe 2, for example!

So when I found of these for a decent price, I decided to go for it, especially after seeing some people wanting 500€ or more for one, which in my opinion is pretty insane... :S


This unit could be in better shape, as the front corners are a bit broken and it has few plastic burnt marks (not sure how those happened, just got it like that...), but overall, it doesn't look that bad!

The big plus is that it came with the original cartridge, which gives it some pretty cool extra samples to play with!
Nowadays that is probably not the biggest plus, as you can get a new RX5 USB card to import new samples to it... But since I don't have that yet, it's nice to enjoy the cartridge, as it has some extra drum sounds along with some nice non-drum sounds that help you go beyond what you could without it!


I still need to spend more time with it, but so far I am enjoying it!

Honestly, the sound is pretty good, as I remember it to be!
Sure, I could probably use samples of it in my Pioneer Toraiz SP-16, but unlike my Roland TR-727, I can actually edit the different voices, creating interesting sounds that go way beyond what you'd get if you were stuck with simple playback of the original samples!
And as a bonus, you have 12 individual outputs, so you can process the individual sounds even further!

The sequencer is still the weak point for me, as I really enjoy being able to tweak my grooves as I play, which is not really possible with the Yamaha RX5...
But after forcing myself to try it a bit more, it seems maybe it can be interesting to try to do things in a different way...


So right now, I'd say it is seeming to be a keeper! :D
But I guess time will tell... :P

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário