Mensagens populares

terça-feira, 4 de abril de 2023

MEANWHILE - Fun with Rick and Morty!

Unfortunately the two Teenage Engineering PO units I shown in previous posts, the Factory and Robot, are both gone for a long while now...

But recently, I managed to snatch this very cool unit, the PO-137 Rick and Morty!


For those who don't know it, it's pretty much a special edition PO-35 Speak!
Different colours and screen, but the rest is the same!

Since I got rid of the other two POs, why did I get this one?
Because the sampling engine is really cool and unique!


Unlike the PO-33 K.O!, which has a standard sampling engine, the sampling engine on the PO-137 Rick and Morty is aimed to sample vocals and allows you to play with the formants, which means you can really transform your samples in very unique ways!

The PO-33 K.O! would give me pretty much what the Pioneer Toraiz SP-16 gives me, but in a more toyish format... 
While the PO-137 Rick and Morty gives me something new!


However, I don't really use the PO-137 Rick and Morty as a groovebox, that was never the plan...
The reason I got it was mostly to sample sounds with it, transform them, and sample those new sounds with my Pioneer Toraiz SP-16!

I know this way I won't be able to tweak the samples using the more unique sampling engine the PO-137 Rick and Morty has, but it works better for me as I much prefer the workflow the Pioneer Toraiz SP-16 gives me as a groovebox!


I need to explore it a bit more, but so far I have enjoyed what it does to my samples and think it will end up having quite some use in my hands! :)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário