Mensagens populares

sábado, 17 de março de 2018

CONCERT - Synth-ing Nº33!

This was yet another drone performance with the Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320!

And you can listen to it here!


This time, to create my drone sound, I decided to layer simple voices based in preset programs the Kyma came with.

So I ended up using 2 FM voices and 1 Harmonic Resonator voice, which helped creating really interesting sound textures!

To make things more interesting, I enhanced the two FM voices by adding a tremolo, that is controlled by the same LFO that performs the FM modulation!

And to add some extra dimension, a reverb chain was added, together with a feedback chain.

Control for this patch was once again provided by my now departed Akai MIDIMix!


It's a shame I only took those notes back then, and never got to make a proper picture of the patch, to illustrate better how the patch was done...

But as you can probably imagine from what I wrote, it is not too hard to come up with nice patches using Kyma, as the library that comes with it already features plenty of interesting patches that you can easily enhance and make your own!

It might be less intuitive than a Clavia Nord Modular, but with some time you can definitely get pretty amazing special sounds with Kyma!


If you enjoyed this performance, as I hope you did, be sure to follow my blog, as more performances are coming up in the near future! ;)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário