Mensagens populares

terça-feira, 8 de janeiro de 2019

MEANWHILE - Start of the year... R.I.P. Alan R. Pearlman... :(

Unfortunately, this new year isn't starting that good and it seems Alan R. Pearlman, the founder of mythical synth company ARP, has passed away during the weekend... :(

The synths his company produced are definitely legendary and I sure regret not having more of them... 

In fact, the only ARP synth I own is the ARP Quadra, but have never been able to play with it as I got it broken and it has been in the tech ever since...
This is a bit of a bummer as it seems to be a truly fantastic synth and I surely would love to try it properly soon!


But the top of the crop for me are the ARP 2500 and ARP 2600 modular synths, which are simply amazing!

His amazing work will be remembered!







Other than these sad news, the year is slowly starting, without much synth activity yet...

But I do intend to get a "clean slate" and post pretty soon my latest NYE performance!

As much as I would like to do proper posts for my old performances, some of those are over 1 year old, which make it a bit harder to remember some details (in particular on performances that user gear I don't have with me at the moment...).

So I think I'll probably just end up skipping those performances, at least for now...


I am also hoping to post some nice videos sooner or later about sampling, as I recently got an Akai MPC2000XL!

The sampler itself is considerably more limited than most of my rack samplers (including Akai's own S950 and S6000), but it sounds pretty good still!
Personally, I think the vocal samples I recorded with it added a lot to my NYE performance! 

And of course, you have the amazing Akai sequencer, which I definitely want to explore better and sequence my other gear with!



I will finish this post by putting a wish that this year will be a bit more like 2017 when it comes to posts in this blog!

Last year was pretty terrible and I feel pretty bad that I ended up barely posting in this blog, but sometimes, it just wasn't possible for me to do so for various reasons.

I hope this year will be different and that I can do more videos and put more interesting posts about what I really love to do, Synth-ing! :D

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário