Mensagens populares

domingo, 24 de março de 2024

CONCERT - Synth-ing's March Equinox Concert 2024!

At this point, I have to face it that I will never upload posts about most of the previous concerts...

Some of them I just don't remember exactly what gear I used, so it's really hard to give some details about those performances...

In fact, I'm not even 100% sure what gear I used for last NYE Concert... I think it was a Korg MS-20 setup, but again, I'm not really sure... And if I used that synth, I'm not sure what else I used with it... Probably the Electric Repeater, but could have also just used a Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320 long delay patch instead with some reverb...

So... The best thing is really to just accept that and start from scratch and put a proper post about the concert I just gave, Synth-ing's March Equinox Concert 2024!


For this performance, I used only my small-ish Eurorack modular system!

If you are wondering why it sounded a but crude, that is the reason, as I don't have any reverb module in my system, and ended up not adding any external reverb...

Since I was patching my system during the performance, it's not easy to give a full explanation of what was happening... But I can try to give some clues on some module chains and mention the modules I used... Despite the system isn't big, I didn't use all the modules I have...

There are pretty much two types of chains that I used... 

One type of chains makes use of any of my 3 TipTop Z3000 MKII oscillators. As you'd expect, the oscillators modulate each other, but there is also some external modulations, most prominently random voltages from the Doepfer A-149-1 RCV, to keep things more interesting! There is also some further processing done by the Doepfer A-137 VC Wave Mult. or the Blue Lantern Cobalt Smelter Lab, and further modulation provided by the Doepfer A-118 Noise, A-143-3 Quad LFO and Blue Lantern ADSR (two of them) and Mini Note Computer (sadly not fully working, as the mutes don't seem to mute steps and instead affect the way the sequence progress...).

The other chains rely on more exotic modules... You can listen to the fantastic Make Noise Mysteron, which is excited by the Blue Lantern Astroid BD V4 and the same module processed by the Non Linear Circuits GIANT BONO and Delay No More. The Blue Lantern Astroid BD V4 is also heard without any any processing. And there is also the Reverse Landfill Noise module, processed by the Doepfer A-188-2 Tapped BBD Module, which generates some nice textures, particularly with lots of modulation applied, courtesy of the Doepfer A-143-1 Complex Envelope Generator / LFO and A-143-3 Quad LFO.

Everything is kept in sync thanks to the ALM Pamela Workout, which works as the main clock, along with a Blue Lantern Clock CMOS Divider, and mixed with my Doepfer A-135-1 QVCA / VCMIX, and then sent into the Blue Lantern Stereoscopic VCA, which sent the whole performance into the RME Fireface 800, for it to be streamed at electro-music.com.

As you can see in the photo I posted, I left a lot of modules unused... But sadly, there were not many cables left... And to add more chains of modules, a larger mixer would have been good... Anyway, sometimes establishing some limitations can yield interesting results, and I think this concerts features quite some interesting moments!

So, if you want to re-listen to it, or listen to it for the first time, all you have to do is click this link, where I uploaded this performance!


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário