Mensagens populares

terça-feira, 14 de julho de 2020

YOUTUBE! - A new Clavia Nord Modular G1 noodling!

Yes, it's true, there is a new Youtube video in my channel!


And this time it's a new Clavia Nord Modular G1 noodling, using a "brand new" patch I just created, called SpecSeqPad!




If enjoyed the video and are now wondering how I came up with this patch, I am also including the "diagram" of the patch in this post!


As you can see, this is a pretty simple patch, making use of only two oscillators, no filter, and a 4 step control sequencer as the only modulator available (I could have used the Amp EG as modulator as well, but ended up not doing so...)

I chose to keep the patch simple so that all the parameters could be assigned to the synth's front panel, but it didn't go as I expected...
In the end, I had to leave some important parameters out of the interface, like the overdrive (you can only modulate it with the control sequencer), and unfortunately there is also no control over the spectral shape of the oscillator (that is done using the 4 step control sequencer, with the modulation fully opened all the time).


But as simple as this patch might be, I think the end result ends up being pretty good!

You can still produce many interesting sounds with this patch, while still having a generous amount of polyphony and plenty of control over the parameters, so you can really use it as a standalone synth without needing to have a look at the editor...


To be honest, this is one of the things I really love about the Clavia Nord Modulars, you can go really deep if you want with them, but if you choose to  keep things simple it will also give you extremely rewarding results!


However, it would be unfair for the Clavia Nord Modular G1 to take all the credit...
If you listened to the video carefully you easily noticed there is more to the sound than what this patch shows, as I decided to add some reverb from my Eventide Space, to keep things more interesting!
And a simple reverse reverb patch I made some time ago just sounded perfect for the job, so I went for it!
But unlike what happened with the Clavia Nord Modular G1, I chose not to tweak my reverb patch during the demo, so all the sound changes you can hear, are all due to tweaking my Clavia Nord Modular G1 patch!


I really hope you enjoyed the video, as I intend to post some more videos these next days, so keep tuned! ;)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário